Tuesday, March 2, 2010

PAN AMS, AND GIGANTIC BEAVERS!


Okay first thing is first. Sorry that I have been lazy and haven't wrote on my blog for nearly six months (not that anybody reads this anyways). I have been busy with the Fire Academy on top of a hectic schedule; so I sincerely apologize.
For those who do not know, I am training for the Pan American Jiu Jitsu Championships. It is one month away, and I'm starting to get nervous. I have been training for this tournament since January and I am down to 114.5 kilograms (that's 252 pounds, they use the metric system in the ibjff). I feel a lot better, and have gained speed and stamina. I didn't realize how much weighing 280 pounds really hindered my Jiu Jitsu. I have made big strides in my game but last night I realized something. It hasn't been all me. A big part of my game comes from the people I train with. I have been training with Mark Johnson ( he is like my Yoda) on Sundays , if you haven't rolled with Mark you need to come, cause he is a technique tester, which means if your technique is not to pair your doomed! For the first time I was able to get Mark out from side control into Half Guard. Thats a small acomplishment for sure but I have never done that before, he has always obliterated me from that position. Jason Miller is another guy I train with, he has great survival skills and is hard to submit. Jason passes guard very well and is a student of jiu jitsu so he always brings something new to the table.
Jeff Moore (Dragon Eagle) Jeff is my stamina tester, this guy is a physical BEAST! Jeff has just barely tapped into the Gi game, and is very dangerous in the no Gi aspect of Jiu Jitsu. In fact I out weight him by 60 pounds, and he submits me all the time in no gi. The point I'm trying to make is, although Jiu Jitsu is a individual sport in terms of a tournament, you can not reach potential without the help of others.
Okay there is my moral plug for this post now lets get down to the nitty gritty. The Olympics are over (thank God!). I have never been a fan of the Olympics they have the most boring events. Bobsledding, ya its cool when they crash. Figure skating, ya its cool when they crash. Down hill Skiing, ya its cool when they crash. hockey, ya its cool when they fight, oh wait they can't fight that's lame. All the events are like the alternate after school activities for those who couldn't play football, or baseball, or even soccer. Plus I heard that Canada seriously blew the budget, and will probably go into a economic depression. This is how lame Canada is. For the closing ceremony, they had gigantic beavers and mounties balloons! Ya I said it gigantic beavers! WTH!!!!! Who does that oh ya the same country that calls ham...... bacon. The same country who has two official languages. The same country that GSP is from......enough said!

2 comments:

  1. Please lets start up again! I have been craving LIGER BLOOD! And that annoying guy who yells at us for flipping the tires to hard. ha ha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice post! Helps boost my ego after the thrashing you gave me Monday night. Also, I miss the guy that yells at us for flipping tires. Haha classic! Ballsy dude, though, right??

    ReplyDelete